Use our integrated fibres services to understand the landscape for manmade and natural fibres and to shape your growth strategies. For more information on our fibres services please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Raw materials commentary with information on recent market developments in the principal feedstocks for polyester, nylon, acrylic, cellulosic and PP fibres (especially PTA, MEG, caprolactam, propylene and dissolving wood pulp) plus PTMEG for spandex.
- The latest regional prices for feedstocks and fibres.
- Regional updates for Asia/Far East, the USA, Latin America and West Europe covering polyester, nylon, acrylic, viscose, wool, cotton and spandex.
- Price tables for nearly 50 fibre products
- The Fibres Report also carries Price Tendencies for polyester filament and fibres, as well as broad economic, trade, production and price data.
For details of new products and market trends in industrial fibres and technical textiles, our monthly Technical Fibres Report provides detailed data and analysis, including regular coverage of the automotive and tyre industries.
There are regular updates of the markets and prices for the main fibre raw materials, for high tenacity filament yarn and for tyrecord. This Report also contains a monthly summary of company news.
Use our two definitive annual reports to access detailed analysis of forecast and historic data on the major manmade and natural fibres.
The World Synthetic Fibres Supply/Demand Report
The World Synthetic Fibres Supply/Demand Report (Red Book) provides unrivalled data and detail on textile fibre markets from 1990 to the end of the previous year, with estimates for the current year and forecasts up to 2030.
The report covers all the major textile fibres such as polyester, nylon, viscose, acrylic, cotton and wool. It includes:
- Capacity data for polyester, nylon and acrylic is detailed, totalling over 2,500 entries. Allowance is also made in the production analysis for other synthetic fibre plants, especially in polypropylene, that are not listed, as well as for those plants producing cellulosic fibres.
- Production and trade data from official and industry sources, that have been checked, corrected and collated in the market and in house. The data are analysed both vertically as regards the feedstock position and horizontally as regards fibre competition and market share. Due allowance has been made for wastage along the supply chain.
- A review of fibre applications from apparel to geotextiles, is presented at the industry level as textile mill consumption and at the consumer level as final demand (both in actual volumes and as per capita).
- An up-to-date review of the market for textile fibres presents final demand for wool, cotton and manufactured fibres (MMF).
- MMF data for textile mill consumption is split as cellulosic and synthetic filament and staple; the synthetic fibres figures then being detailed for acrylic, nylon and polyester country production and company capacity estimates. Nylon and polyester filament capacity, production and mill consumption is split as textile, industrial, BCF and other. For polyester filament and staple an indication is provided of the plant capacity which is running some recyclate feed.
- Fifteen global regions are considered with detail on Canada, China, India, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, Taiwan, Turkey and the USA national markets. Detail for other fibre producing countries is also available by separate arrangement.
The World Textile Fibres Demand Report
Use The World Textile Fibres Demand Report (Green Book) to understand the operating supply-demand context for global fibres markets, as an adjunct to the Red Book. The Report also provides market context for the topical Textile Pipeline reports, and allows us to explore the potential impact of growth and share shift scenarios other than those published in the Red Book.
The report provides a regional update of textile fibre supply and demand through to the end of the previous year, and forecasts up to 2030. It includes regional summaries of acrylic, nylon and polyester capacity, production and mill consumption.
We also offer bespoke reports and studies to shed commercial or strategic light on particular aspects of the market. These include:
- country reports
- product market and pricing reviews
- specific producer / consumer analysis (benchmarking, production economics)
If there is a specific area you need to know about, please contact Will Chapman.