Our short term services provide the latest insight on market activity and trends, including our price forecast service.
Forecast weekly trends with our paraxylene market report
What are today’s prices in Asia and what lies behind them?
The Daily Express report provides today’s Asia and China spot polyester raw material offer and bid prices. Use our easy-to-read graphical format, with headline issues affecting the daily price movement to see today’s prices and one week of history.
How have prices moved in the last week, why, and what might be expected in coming weeks?
Closely following polyester raw material weekly price trends and forecasting the next three months’ market prices, the regional Weekly Polyester Cost Reports provide an insightful “leading indicator” of the coming months’ costs using illustrative charts and summary bullet points.
What is happening in the market, why does it matter and what does it mean?
The Paraxylene & Derivatives Monthly Report Service is a full consultancy package focussed on short-term market issues. Benefit from detailed and timely analysis of key market sectors, charts and our industry standard Monthly Price Index to help you understand the trends and innovations driving markets.
The service includes:
- Monthly Market Report
- 12-month price forecasts
- Access to our online data portal
- Email news flash updates
- Consultant support
The Monthly Market Report
- World Overview headlines
- Monthly paraxylene price page showing contract and spot prices by region
- Detailed regional and country commercial analysis for paraxylene, PTA, DMT
- Overview of regional polyester fibres and PET resin
- Short-term to medium-term regional supply and demand pressures
- Major incidents or factors affecting global or regional production
- Trading activity
- New capacity developments
- Graphical representation of important trends
Understand px price and market data when you use our online resources with information on paraxylene, PTA, DMT and polyesters.
- Price forecast (12 month) updated monthly for mixed xylenes, naphtha paraxylene and PTA
- Paraxylene price history – 3 year monthly price histories paraxylene, PTA, DMT, polyesters and related products
- Price Page – customise your own monthly price page to download each month
- Live chart library – paraxylene price, cost and margins, including PTA, DMT and polyester products
- Latest trade data & charting facility for paraxylene, PTA, DMT
- Reports Library – download latest and archived monthly reports
Email Flash Updates
Sent directly by email, the Flash covers upstream and downstream products, alerting you to price movements, settlements, important news and developments affecting the industry.
How is the industry changing in the future? This is the strategic data tool for your business.
Our Strategic Data Service offers long-term supply/demand analysis and support for your strategic planning and long-term business decisions. This premium service combines strategic, detailed, long-term capacity, production, consumption and trade data (updated quarterly and accessible in a number of ways) with price forecasting and support from our consultants through meetings and discussion:
- 10-year forecast and historical supply/demand, updated quarterly
- Access to our online supply/demand, pricing and trade databases
- 36-month price forecasts
- Quarterly Data Review presentation – MSPowerpoint presentation using graphics, bullets and selected summary tables to guide you through the key changes that have been made to our Supply/Demand Update data and the basis for those adjustments each quarter.
- Consultant support including meetings
- Annual report as .pdf file
Short-term monthly supply/demand data can also be purchased as an add-on to this service.
In order to better understand how a wide spectrum of ever-changing paraxylene price and values impact the cost of paraxylene production across the world, we have developed a proprietary cost tool which looks at the multiple influences on px price and the paraxylene market, which generates a representative cost curve.
This model details absolute costs of production and relative cost positions for every producer in the world, by country, region and technology. To further enhance the model’s predictive ability, estimates of individual producers’ utilisation rates and production volumes are fed in directly from our internal supply-demand models and reflect actual physical market restrictions in addition to the cost elements of the production process. This holistic approach to cost forecasting has proved extremely useful in determining near-term market pricing and inflexion points, as well as providing a highly useful modeling tool for scenario planning purposes. While we maintain the technology, capacity, availability and base price assumptions for each asset, the user can play with Online ‘what if’ pricing scenarios & dynamics.
- China at the Cross Roads
- Paraxylene from Gas Condensate: This study explores condensate feedstock availability and cost competitiveness with refinery based units so that the paraxylene cost base and price setting mechanisms are clearly identified. The study covers the period out to 2020 and is focussed on the regions where paraxylene production from gas condensate-based units are being built. At the end of the study, you will better understand px price and invaluable insight into the paraxylene market.